Looking for a unique image? Hope you know that the type and length of the hair is usually of a crucial importance for any kind of hairstyle. African Americans should take into account their unique strands, so that the hairdo is comfortable and stylish at the same time. Everyone wants to impress his friends and relatives with an interesting look. And for impressing the girlfriend it should be just stunning! Of course, the most universal is an afro one – a voluminous and magnificent hairdo, which can be created by carefully combing strong curly hair. Here are some important tips:
- Updo. Men who love cardinal methods often choose a high hairstyle, with a sharp hair transition: the edge of the haircut is done much higher than the line of its growth on the temples and the back of the head.
- Medium length hair does not go out of fashion. If you have the desire, you can pick them in a bundle. Long strands often are braided, thus, giving the hairstyle a neat, finished look.
Short thick hair gives a lot of prospects for creative & modern haircuts for black men, in the form of shaved drawings. Here is the list of possible designs:
- various options from waves to geometric flat tops in retro style;
- short smooth waves, which to perform on the short hair even easier;
- fade: low, high or medium conical, very short, Iroquois, Afro-style, comb over;
- high mohawk is a very beneficial & trendy approach.
There are also many options for long hair. Everyone knows dreadlocks; there are also braids or boxing pigtails. Such tight African braids are tight on the head, while for the best shape of the artificial threads – kanekalon – are being woven into braids. They are specially chosen according to the colour of the hair. Often hairdressers creating such hairstyles can perform bizarre patterns. Strands intertwine either along the entire length, or fixed on the back of the head.
Dreadlocks are the most radical kind of styling. There are such types of dread:
- “Dangerous” – these are those that are braided on their own hair and subsequently cut completely. In this case, a stylist is limited in his work by the client’s hair length;
- “Safe” ones are created with the help of artificial strands, which are interwoven with the hair, and after a time are simply removed.
Dreads envisage a complete lack of hair washing in the first month. Nota bene! If there is baldness, severe hair loss or frequent headaches, weaving is prohibited.
If you use good shampoo with herbs extracts, any hairdo is safe for the hair. The main point is to follow the rules of care for hair and cut it in time. In fact, braiding is a separate beauty industry, so you need to find an experienced professional. Otherwise, there are threats of hair injury and aches.
In any case, choose an option that will emphasize your personality!